This post contains associate links. No additional costs are added.
I had grand plans to get to the store today. It was 6:55pm when I finally admitted to myself it wasn’t going to happen. So dinner tonight was what I like to call a “Serendipity Salad” – made from whatever we had on hand. These experiments are always an adventure. Sometimes we have delicious meals. Sometimes we have tolerable food. Haha! Oh the joys of restricted diets.
Well friends, tonight’s dinner was amazing! So amazing that it’s worth sharing the recipe with you! This is definitely going into our meal repertoire. And I’m thinking of a variation with kale, natural craisins and pine nuts. Mmmmm.
This would serve four people for a light supper or side dish. You could add chicken to make it a more hearty meal.
ASPARAGUS, ORANGE & ALMOND QUINOA
Gluten-Free | Dairy-Free | Sugar-Free
1 C quinoa 2 C chicken stock
1 clove garlic 1 bunch asparagus
1/4 C coconut oil 1/3 C almonds
1/2 – 1 orange 1/2 T olive oil
1 C baby spinach goat cheese crumbles (optional)
– Put chicken stock and crushed garlic clove in a pot. Follow the cooking directions on your quinoa package (e.g bring chicken stock to a boil, add quinoa, and cook for the listed time.)
– With 10 minutes to go, snap asparagus ends off and chop into 1/2″ pieces. Bring pan to heat and sauté asparagus in coconut oil.
– Chop orange (1/2 to 1 whole orange depending on personal preference) into 1/2″ pieces. Roughly chop baby spinach. Roughly chop almonds. (By the way, do you have an Ulu Knife? Love!)
– Combine all ingredients (except the optional goat cheese) in a bowl.
– Optional: Top with goat cheese or other dairy-substitute.
[A note about the recipes found on this blog: These recipes are made with my personal restrictions in mind. Please do your own research about gluten free, dairy free and sugar free ingredients. I do not guarantee that recipes on this blog are 100% gf df sf.]